Thursday, April 21, 2011

Schiff Super Calcium with Vitamin d

via vitamins|supplements|foods|for pregnant women by pregnant women on 4/19/11

Schiff Super Calcium 1200mg with Vitamin D, 120 Softgels
Clipped from astore.amazon.com

Schiff Super Calcium 1200mg with Vitamin D, 120 Softgels
From Schiff

Schiff Super Calcium 1200mg with Vitamin D, 120 Softgels
Calcium is an essential mineral in the maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Regular exercise and a healthy diet with enough calcium helps teen and young adult Caucasian and Asian women maintain good bone health and may reduce their high risk of osteoporosis later in life. Adequate calcium intake is important, but daily intakes above about 2,000 mg are not likely to provide any additional benefits. Vitamin D regulates the absorption of calcium and phosphorus and helps form tooth and bone. (These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.) No added sugar (sugar, fructose, lactose), salt (sodium chloride), yeast, wheat, gluten or milk. No preservatives, artificial colors or artificial flavors.
  • Does Not Contain: Added sugar (sucrose, fructose, lactose), salt (sodium chloride), yeast, wheat, gluten, milk, preservatives, artificial flavors.
  • Ingredients: Calories: 15, Calories From Fat: 10, Total Fat: 1.5gm, Vitamin D: 800IU, Calcium: 1.2gm
54 of 54 people found the following review helpful.
4Good format
By K. B. Rollins
This is my choice for calcium supplement because the soft gel format has a good fast dissolution rate, and one pill contains the amount of calcium that I want to take at a time.
Since our bodies can only use 500 to 600 mg at a time, I take one in AM and one in PM. Previously, this had been a handful of tablets in AM and a handful in PM. It’s nice to have a single easily-swallowed pill to do the job AM and PM.
I withheld a star, because I’m annoyed about the labelling. The title suggests that each capsule has 1200 mg, but that is not correct. Every company uses these titles, and it annoys me every time!

15 of 17 people found the following review helpful.
3Easily Digested…. But Contains Titanium Dioxide.
By over and under
I take calcium supplements daily. I have to. My body doesn’t digest dairy products all that well, and I have to get my calcium from some place, so Schiff has been my answer to that problem for some time now. These calcium tablets are some of the best out there, and up until last month I would have told you there was no reason to be concerned with taking them whatsoever.
First off, the good news. The soft gels are free of artificial flavors, colors, and shellfish. They have the added bonus of vitamin D, something essential to your body’s ability to absorb calcium. As another reviewer mentioned, we can only absorb a certain amount of calcium in each sitting, so I usually spread two tablets across my morning and evening meals. I have had no problems with these tablets whatsoever.
Now the bad news. Research has concluded that Titanium Dioxide may be carcinogenic. Titanium Dioxide is a substance used primarily as a whitener in numerous products, and that includes everything from skin lotion to paint to vitamins. Seriously, it’s everywhere, and this discovery should be disconcerting to a vast number of people.
Is it enough to make me stop using the product? Only in lieu of a better supplement. Hopefully Schiff will take such research to heart (they seem to be that sort of company) and ensure that future supplements are free of such potentially harmful substances.
11 of 12 people found the following review helpful.
5Shellfish Free! No Deception….. read on
By Saraj H. Cory
There is no deception here for the sauvy vitamin user.
Read the label people. Every vitamin company I’ve been a consumer of for the past 40 years has made “entire dosage” statements on the front of the label. Many, many companies put their full dosage info into anywhere from 2 to 6 pills per day; this is not unusual — I don’t feel this is a deception. I’ve been happily taking Schiff calcium for two years now since I’ve had to find calcium that doesn’t trigger my new shellfish allergies. Thank you Schiff.
Read more at astore.amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment